Gbenga Daniel set to join APC

A former Ogun state governor and director-general of Atiku Abubakar Campaign Organisation, Gbenga Daniels may soon join the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), if his  supporters’ pleas fall through.

Daniels had announced only yesterday his decision to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and partisan politics.

However, after  meeting with his supporters at his residence in Sagamu, they were said to have begged him to move to APC.

It will be recalled that the former Ogun state governor was enlisted by the apc in Ogun state to help their governorship candidate, Dapo Abiodun, win.

Abiodun eventually won and now the governor-elect of Ogun

Speaking with some journalists on Sunday, Daniel revealed that his supporters are prevailing on him to APC.

His words: “Basically, they said I could resign from PDP… they said I must lead them to APC and they also said I could not retire from politics. That is the summary of what I heard.”

On if he’d eventually move to the ruling party,  he said “What else can I say? My people have spoken.”

 

The post Gbenga Daniel set to join APC appeared first on INFORMATION NIGERIA.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.