Ex-Wife Of $273m Jackpot Winner Won’t Take Him Back, Says “I Have Morals”

They say money can’t buy you love, and here’s a real life story that will attest to that. Mike Weirsky and Eileen Murray ended their 15-year marriage in October last year, for reasons that the couple have kept to themselves.

Although divorce is hard on anyone, and the pair must have had a rough few months in that respect, Mike had his fall cushioned by unexpectedly coming into some money – $273 million, to be exact.

A truly staggering amount of money, I’m sure you’ll agree.

However, his ex-wife has told press she won’t be getting back with her ex just because he’s won the money in the New Jersey Mega Millions Jackpot.

Eileen, who sounds like a woman of real integrity, told the New York Post:

“He’s not appealing to me all of a sudden because he has this money. I’m not going after anything. I have morals. I know what I’ve worked for and it’s everything that I have.”

It’s even more interesting when you consider the financial dynamics of the marriage they had. During the marriage, Eileen worked as a cost analyst for a utilities company but her husband was unemployed. In fact, she said she was until recently still paying him spousal support.

Murray didn’t explain to reporters why the marriage ended exactly, but she did cover the subject of what happens with her husband’s new-found wealth. She said she doesn’t think Mike will reach out with an offer of any cash, but hopes he ‘does the right thing’. I think you can read between the lines there!

Pushed by reporters, Eileen said:

“Think about it. How long did I work? How long did I support him? I had to give him a lot of money in the divorce. You tell me what’s the moral thing to do.”

If what she’s saying is true, I have to agree that some kind of payment would be appropriate, but hey, what do I know.

Mr. Weirsky said at a press conference that he heard from Murray on Thursday, she didn’t call him and doesn’t plan on talking to him for a couple of months.

“He’ll think I’m there with my hand out and I have no intention to do that. I truly wish him well … though I know he doesn’t believe that.”

She also spoke about her concerns on his behalf:

“I want him to surround himself with good people. I don’t think anybody should be taken advantage of.”

In an amazing twist to the story, Mike very nearly lost out on the jackpot after he left the winning ticket behind at a Quick Check petrol station in Phillipsburg, according to the Mail Online.

Thankfully for Mike, a Good Samaritan found the ticket and handed it in to staff at the store. Two days later he picked up the $2 ticket, unaware that in just 48 hours it would bring him millions of dollars.

Mike explained at his winner’s press conference:

“[I was] paying more attention to my cellphone. I put the tickets down. Put my money away and [there was] something with my phone…and just walked away.

I’m looking for the guy that handed them in. I’m gonna give him something.”

I hope he finds the genuine guy! I’m sure there are a lot of people who would come forward for that..

Speaking about his win, he said: “It’s going to change everything because I was unemployed. I always wanted to know what it would be like to be able to just wake up and be able to go somewhere, buy something. And when I get the money I’m going to do that.”

As for whether Eileen will see any of it, who knows. However, there’s one thing she certainly does have – her pride! She seems like a great lady.

The post Ex-Wife Of $273m Jackpot Winner Won’t Take Him Back, Says “I Have Morals” appeared first on Go Social.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.