Buhari poorer now than in 2015

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said that President Muhammadu Buhari was probably poorer than when he was elected in 2015.

Buhari poorer now than in 2015 - Osinbajo lailasnews

The VP made this known during a dinner in honour of volunteers who canvassed for votes for the APC during the campaigns for this year’s general election, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. He said;

“When I looked at his assets declaration form, I was checking it in 2015, I said to him, “Mr President, I am so much richer than you, it is an embarrassment.”

“He said, “I am only a soldier, you are a big lawyer so you should have more money than me.” “I can tell you that he is perhaps; even poorer than he was in 2015 when I saw his declaration of assets form.”

Osinbajo also said there was need for the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari to connect more with the people.

“It just struck me that what we really need to do a lot more is to connect with the people. “All the people need is opportunity for us to interact with them. “We should have a way by which everybody is involved one way or the other.

“One of the complaints that people made about our government is that we were not communicating enough and that people did not know what had done.”

The post Buhari poorer now than in 2015 appeared first on Kens Gist.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.